Thursday, July 02, 2009

Addiction to Games

A funny but also quite troublesome video from the net:



The kid freaked out because mother cancelled his account on World of Warcraft, a very popular online game. The kid is still just a kid, got too attached to the game. It's only a game, just a game. I know WoW, I have seen people play it. In UK as well as in Malaysia at the cyber cafes, played by kids after school. I myself have not played it and am not planning too. The game is great, I know that. And I also know, if I play it, I may myself get addicted. Don't want that. huhu.

Went googling for more of WoW, this is what I found:



It seems that a lot of people are addicted to these games. Seriously addicted that their minds are so detached to the very reality of living. Leaving their work and responsibilities behind. I'm sure a lot of people playing games can relate. When they play games, they spent hours on it and at times, leaving prayer times at the very final moments. Or even, don't pray at all. Entertainment that leads to sin.

I know a person, he did not get through his second year in the university. He liked to play WoW. I really hope that the reason behind his failure wasn't because of him playing WoW all the time. To those who are addicted to games (any games), stop playing. Get help. Get in control of your life!

What about me? What games do I play? I play a some facebook games. Scrabble, Barn Buddy, FarmVille and Poker. In my computer, I have Need for Speed and Red Alert installed (I didn't play Red Alert, my brother installed it for me). I honestly am a little addicted to these games, especailly the facebook ones, finished playing NFS. However, I think I am still in the safe zone when I don't actually spend hours playing the games. I used to a little though, but that was when I had less to do. huhu. Now, too busy to be playing more games like I want to.

I pray that I won't be too lagha with these games. I don't want to outgrow them out of my life though, because some of them are really fun :) hehe.

Escapa! - a fellow deskmate at uni gave me the link to this game. He mentioned that pilots must play this game to increase their reactions. err, boleh percaya kut. Play for fun je. hehe.

When you are bored:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Takde makna. Tak paham. Tak ape lah.

I have my name on google alert. Recently this was sent to me. MySpace account of NaQiUdDin. Ahh, to be young. May you grow up and become a better person than me. huhu. Make Naqiuddins proud. heh.

More:
- tadi ada picnic with the microbiology and immunology group. It was good fun. Post later.
- just realised that I have not shop for proper groceries for more than 5 weeks now. Need to go shopping tomorrow, insyaAllah.
- internet masih tak elok di bilik.
- having second thoughts in flying back to Malaysia for Ramadhan.
- may Allah guide you Ain for the decision to go out of matrix and joining KPM.

best2 yeah!

2 comments:

yazid said...

not all games give the bad influence towards the life stage of a kid, but some kids takes too much for granted and lost their attention of studying
as always, prevention is better than cure, if too much addicted, then call it as cut it off

plus parents need to pay much more on bills-the energy of bills is keep raising, but the salary is not increase too much...so, fair and square....wakakakaakkaa

ihsan_huhu said...

gle susa gk game petak merah tuh