Thursday, February 05, 2009

Experience the theater and Demo for Palestine









I went to the Palace Theater on Wednesday with the good company of Chaq, Farah and Wani. We went to experience the theater. We went to see Mary Poppins. I can honestly say that it was absolutely fantastic. Love the performances throughout the show which took around 2 hours.









This was my first time experiencing a British theater. It was great and I am certainly going to the theater again! Deep inside, I do feel really guilty of going to this Mary Poppins show. It is actually a performance from Disney and we must boicott them. I felt bad so even though I enjoyed it, I would not recommend anyone to go. It is the least I can do...lebih kurang.

On other news... just along the Oxford Road, the Action Palestine is taking action!







These people are taking action against the MancUni VC. You can read about it here. They are literally occupying the John Owens building to show their seriousness. They even plan to stay for 3weeks (like the war on Gaza) until their demands are met. I went to the peaceful demo outside the building to show my support. I have the highest respect for the people who organizes these serious events. Mind you, not only Muslims attend this event. Respect.

Besides me, the Malaysians that were at the peaceful demo was Pyan, Zaid, Alwi, Dzul, Afif, Khalis, Faiz, Anas, Faizal and 4 sisters. There are of course some more that I did not meet. Thanks to Pyan by the way for telling me about it.

More:










Above picture is my work desk at Michael Smith Building. It is at the end of the C and D wing corridor. I find it to be a good place since there are not a lot of people around. However, I do need to get use to the people walking along at the side. The D wing people will pass there to go out of the building, C wing people will pass there to go to the boiler area, and everyone will pass there to go to their lockers. It is distracting but I do love the space that I have. Of course, that space will be gone if more people come to study at the faculty.

Okay now. That is that. Tomorrow is meeting with Geoff and Pauline.

best2 yeah!

No comments: